Monday, December 2, 2013

Book Madness

So, my selection criteria for this Book Madness project was pretty much as follows:
  • Each book was offered to everyone for free on Kindle at the time I downloaded them.
  • Science Fiction/Fantasy/Speculative Fiction category (since that's what I already had several of, and it's a genre I really enjoy)
  • Appeared to be indie publishing (though I didn't look that closely at the publishers, honestly, under the assumption non-indie publishers weren't giving away free e-books that have recent copyrights, so some might actually be small press.) 
  • Appeared to be part of a series, because I wanted to be able to snag a continuation if I ran out of book before I ran out of rounds. I'm still not 100% sure what my round quantities will be after the first one. I am currently aiming to keep to a single book for this competition, but I wanted to keep my options available.

Round 1: Chapter 1.
The Round 1 battle will mostly focus on which book snags me into it the deepest in the first chapter. (If there is a prologue, I will read the prologue and the first chapter.) Yes, I'll look at other things too, but that's the big test: which of the two stories going head to head do I need to know more about?

The Bracket:
The bracket was randomly seeded by the BracketMaker app.


Sorry, didn't have room for authors in the brackets. I'll try to get a full list up later if I can, but it's low priority for me, since I already have the books. At the very least, though, I'll be posting all that info, links, etc, for each "battle" as I blog the results of the competition.

No comments: